Friday, June 01, 2007

My Quote - Pythagoras

Rest satisfied with doing well,
and leave others to talk of you as they please.
.
Pythagoras (582 BC - 507 BC)
.
1500 years and still it's a truth in every word. The more I live and experience, the more that idea appeals to me and turns our right. You can't satisfy everybody! The hell, anyway what's the point in satisfying someone more than yourself?
.
The inner peace, understanding of one's needs and abilities, as well as settting one's own values and priorities is very important in life. Without feeling good with oneself, how can one possibly be understanding and loving towards the others?
.
That's why I usually give a f..k about other's opinions about me. I believe I have enough of common sense and experience to tell the sweet lie from the truth, the unfair critics or praise from the genuine concern or advice. My self- confidence and certainty that I have a support in people I love and trust is enough for me.

No comments: