Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The City I live in

I came up with an idea to show and tell You a little bit about the city I live in. If You know where Poland is :), then look on its North- East end. There You'll find the largest city of the region- Białystok .
.
The population of my city is almost 300 000 citizens, so it's not so small for people to know each other, but it's also not that big, that You have to travel from one side to the other for hours, waiting in traffic. As for me it's just fine.
.
More historical details You'll find following the link- Białystok, but in short, the first mention of the place in historical sources dates from 1437, but it received its city charter in 1749. From those days we have left many beautiful buildings. The most magnificent would be Branicki palace, which is surrounded by massive park with lots of charming benches and fountains. It's definately the place where couples in love can find a little peace cuddling, students come there after classes or exams, but it's also a great place for a Sunday walk, or a bike ride.

.

.
.

.

.
.
.
Białystok is a city with university. In Branicki Palace there is now a medical school. Near the Branicki park You'll find the building of the university law school, where I did my master degree in criminology.
.

.
.
More pictures to come soon.


No comments: