Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Sisterhood

Teenagers. How difficult it is to sort out the problems when You're 13-14 and Your sister is 4 years younger than You? Believe me- I knew it. It seemed like the life she lived was totally different. Nothing in common, nothing to share, constant fighting. Nothing to talk about, because she couldn't understand problems I had, and I was far too immature to be understanding and help with her "childlish" issues.
.
Yes, I remember those years, and I also remember when it changed. It wasn't when I was 19- 20, but it happened I quess 3-4 years ago. It was when my sis was stepping into adult life, when the decisions she was to make were to determine what she'll do in her life, when she realised the responsibility for her actions and the future she had in front of her.
But it was also when I was mature enough to understand her, help her, and simply say "I love You", "I care for You". When I realised she has her own feelings and the right to make her own decisions in life. That's when I grew up to be supportive, not only nagging and giving advice.
.
We can disagree with each other, but we'll never fight. We'll help each other and support. I can surely say that she's one of my best friends. And it's so funny to see, that although we also thought we are totally different from each other, indeed we make the same mistakes and think the same things.
No wonder- we are Sisters.

No comments: