Friday, July 21, 2006

Healthy selfishness

Lately I've been engrossed by the book by Tina Santi Flaherty "What Jackie taught us ". I wasn't taken by it's sophisticated language or precision in details, I was rather charmed by the person of Jaquline Kennedy and her attitudes towards life. She was in fact an extraordinary person, though it seems to me that sometimes her actions were a little bit calculated. But well, that only proves that she was highly motivated to achive her goal. Either way, I really got interested and surely will search for more information on her life and work.
Lately I've conducted an experiment on myself. I tried not to focus on anything else but my own happiness, my own goals, trying to deal with problem with minimal anger, not getting interested or involved in elses problems or stupidity, and it really worked. I feel better, calmer, concentrated on my own good. It's a healthy selfishness. Never again am I to turn in the wrong direction. Hopefully!!!

No comments: